For some reason, Talking Heads lyrics are rattling around the addled remnants of my mind.
"And you may ask yourself...how did I get here,...
And you may ask yourself, How do I wok this"
But hell. Thats not important right now. What is important is this. I'm a brand spanking new, still flapping on the beach, poker player. Like a fish out of water. But that could just be the first step in a painful evolution.
I started about 6 weeks ago, an the 25/50 limit table on Pokerroom, and I've been playing 50/1 for two weeks solid.
And I'm not doing too badly. I've had my fun filled adventures in the furious land o'tilt. I've had terrible streaks compunded by boneheaded plays. I've made subtle mistakes, and had the pleasure of understanding them, and ironing them out. I've made less subtle mistakes and watched them baton charge my bankroll.
And after 6 weeks I'm still ahead of the game. Not by much, but by enough to think that I can stay ahead.
And each time my Pocket kings or flopped trips are beat out by an inside straight on capped betting, I'm ahead enough to think this single, solitary, comforting thought.
"O brave new world that has such suckers in it."
No comments:
Post a Comment